At Next Step, our focus in on:
- helping students connect or reconnect with school
- differentiating/personalizing learning opportunities
- assisting students with transitions - junior to senior high, senior to post secondary, high school to work
We have three Next Step locations:
Sherwood Park (780-464-1899)
Fort Saskatchewan (780-992-0101)
For specific addresses and hours, please click here .
School Education Plan (SEP)
Our caring staff offers flexible programming and scheduling to enable students to have positive and successful learning experiences in alternative settings. Focusing on helping students to connect or reconnect with school, creating positive personalized learning experiences for all of our students, and assisting students in their individual transitions; from junior to senior high school, senior high school to post-secondary education, and from high school to the world of work.
We believe that:
- learning is best accomplished when students feel welcomed, safe, accepted and respected.
- many students learn best outside traditional schools.
- every student has the right to access opportunities to experience success.
- learning can occur in a variety of environments.
- every student has the ability to learn.
- success should be individually defined.
- all students need to take ownership of their learning.